BATTLE OF THE BRANDS: LIP TINT EDITION


Matte lipsticks are still the to-go of majority of women but for some who wants to rest their lips from the matte trend going on, lip tints are good alternative to color the lips this summer. I have four lip tints that we will take in a battle, two local brands and two international. The lip tints that I will feature have a watery to gel formula which is the typical type for lip tints. Without further ado, here are the lip tints.



The first lip tint is from the local brand Ever Bilena Advance Lip and Cheek Stain this is a cult-favorite mostly of college students since it is affordable and last for a long time. 


This looks cherry red on lips, color is build-able, very easy to apply and blend. Be sure that your lips is well exfoliated, it tends to look patchy on dry areas but this is quite good very moisturizing and stays for 3-4 hours before retouch. 


On cheeks it looks natural, sheer with a little glow. When applied properly, it looks very natural on cheeks like you are pinched on the cheeks.


I saw the Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Therapy Fluid Tint in Sweetie in Instagram and I am curious about the therapy word and I find out from their SA that it helps in moisturizing the lips, reducing the lines over time, promising  a non-drying formula. 


It looks magenta pink in person and I love how it looks on me. It is very opaque and the color last the whole day with minimal eating and drinking. I find this moisturizing even without lip balm. The only downside is the scent is not as good as I bought it two months ago. Perhaps this is organic, I will appreciate if they include an expiration date or its ingredients. 


On my cheeks, the color is hot reddish with a hint of purple in person but it the picture it appears to be a light red. I applied this thinly on my cheeks but I don't think the color suits my skin so I prefer to use this one only on the lips. 


Next is The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain in 01. This is the famous lip and cheek tint from The Body Shop that is well loved by Filipinas and I know the reason why. This looks really really natural and you can't go wrong with this one even for beginners or kids. It feels like you are just applying water on your lips and cheeks but once it dries, the color appears better. I hear that some complain that it doesn't show any color to their skin or on their lips and one factor could be that their lips is naturally dark or red, their skin is oily or they moisturize before applying it. But for me, the color shows naturally and I apply this on my cheeks dry so this will stick on my skin wait for a few seconds then apply it again building the color.  



On lips it appears as a rose pink, very sheer and looks natural. Hydrating and moisturizing on the lips, last for 2 to 3 hours however on cheeks, it doesn't show much unless it is applied thrice. It gives a healthy glow on the face though so it is still pretty. This is the only lip and cheek tint I can suggest to high school students since it is the lightest and most natural looking tint not even the teachers can notice they are wearing one. 


The Tony Moly Tony Tint Delight  in 01 is always out of stock in most of their branches. That says something about this lip and cheek tint and it proved to me why. This is one of the famous korean lip tint all over the world because of how pigmented it is and very long lasting. I was surprised when I watched the videos of Ms. Anna Cay and she was also a fan of this! It smells like grape and very fruity.



The color is cherry pink, this is very pigmented and it stays the whole day even if after I eat and drink. It looks like a lip tattoo on lips since it is very hard to remove and it stays on lips no matter what, I find it hard to remove with a simple make up remover and the only way to remove this is by using an oil-cleanser or the Etude House eye and lip remover. It can be a drying sometimes especially when I don't exfoliate my lips but it can be fix with a use of lip balm. On cheeks, it is also very pigmented though it is hard to blend on cheeks since it dries quickly. Never dot these on the cheeks, it will leave dot marks on your cheeks. What I do is swipe this on my cheeks and then blend quickly.

From top to bottom, left to right: Sooper Beaute, Ever Bilena, Tony Moly and The Body Shop
For a recap, the Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Therapy Fluid Tint in Sweetie is a magenta pink lip and cheek tint that looks beautiful, moisturizing, hydrating and helps in reducing the lines over time, it last the whole day with minimal eating and drinking. The downside is that it has an unpleasant scent after two months of use, no information attached on the packaging, and looks purplish on cheeks. Next, Ever Bilena Advance Lip and Cheek Stain has a cherry color, smells good, easy to blend, can be use for dry skin but  looks patchy on dry lips. The Tony Moly Tony Tint in 01 is a cherry pink lip and cheek tint, very pigmented, stays the whole day, smells good but can be drying sometimes. The The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain has a rosy pink color that looks very natural and appropriate for students especially for high school students who wants to have a hint of color. It is hydrating, and gives a sheer color on cheeks but this fades away easily.

Four lip tints were put into test, each has their own strengths and weaknesses but only one can win. The winner for this battle of the brands: lip tint edition is...


TONY MOLY TONY TINT DELIGHT IN 01! What more can I say? It is very pigmented and lasts the whole day which I love with lip products since I don't need to bother for a retouch or re application. The color is wearable, can be use for casual or office look and it is super affordable for 198 pesos for a tube. This is a best seller of Tony Moly and is sold out in all their stores most of the time so being a Tony Moly Tony Tint Delight addict, I hoard 3 tubes of this just in case they won't restocked for a few months.

And that is that, I hope you had fun reading this and looking on the swatches as much I do and let me know if you have tried any of these lip tints or what is your favorite one :) 

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment