FIRST IMPRESSIONS: PIXY ULTIMATE MAKEUP CAKE IN NATURAL BUFF

"Some things are not meant to last." This is the exact words I told the beauty assistant when I bought this Pixy Ultimate Makeup Cake in Natural Buff. Although I am not sure if it was true, we both hope it's not. For now, I should be quiet and wait until December before I confirmed what she have said. Anyways, I have this foundation for two weeks now and a lot of people are complementing how good my skin looks. If you guys are reading this, you now know the answer. :P


The Pixy Ultimate Makeup Cake (445 Pesos) is one of their best selling powder foundation. It contains natural whitening powder for brighter skin, also has light diffusing powder  that reflects light to all directions. It also has SPF 20 PA++. This is suitable for those who have oily to combination skin since its finish is matte according to the Pixy lady who assisted me.


The packaging of this foundation is super sleek, elegant looking and very sturdy. It looks like a high-end product and it is one of the most beautiful foundation case I have seen that is being offered on the drugstore. Good job Pixy!


The part with holes is where the sponge is placed. It allows the sponge to "breathe" inside and it helps to dry the sponge so it won't form any molds. It also looks like a speaker of a mobile phone :P


The shade that I got is Natural Buff. On personal, it looks beige and I am actually not convinced when the SA told me that it is my shade but when I swatched it, it is almost the exact shade for me. A little lighter for me but once it sets, it looks more natural. The powder is very silky and fine. It is not chalky which I hate mostly about cheap pressed powder or even foundation out there luckily, Pixy has a good quality of powder foundations. It has a light scent that is very common to other drugstore powder foundations but the good is that it doesn't linger on the skin. The sponge has a good quality, it is not rubbery and feels squeaky when applying the product on the skin and it is very useful.

bare face

This is me without any make up on and as you can see, I have acne marks, some blemishes, dark under eye circles and so on. I know, I know, my skin condition is not good ever since the ber months came and I am still figuring out what I can do with it. Anyways, let's see how good this product is.


And here is how it looks like with one layer of Pixy Ultimate Makeup Cake in Natural Buff. I don't know if one layer is the right term for it but since I only applied it once, I think it is safe to use one layer. :) Going back, the first thing that I noticed is the brightening effect of it. It makes my face look very bright, fresh and matte. I like that the matte effect it gives is not super matte that makes the skin look old, this still has a subtle glow on some part of my face but the entire look is matte. It also has a smooth finish on the skin. It has a good light to medium coverage that covers my pimple marks, blemishes, uneven skin tone, and my dark undereyes. It is said to last for up to 8 hours but I haven't really tested that one yet. I used this for only 3 hours and my face still looks fresh. I'll be discussing that and more on the part two of this review.

For now, I am loving this Pixy Ultimate Make Up Cake in Natural Buff it is super affordable, the packaging is beautiful and it gives a light to medium coverage and also brightens up the skin. Please wait for the second part of this review wherein I will test how good it lasts, how to use it three ways and if it will break out my skin. Pixy is available at SM Beauty Section Nationwide.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment