GERRY'S JEEPNEY




One of my goal this year is to go on a food trip with friends and family. The more that I am getting older, the more that I want to spend quality time with them. On my birthday celebration, I have invited my family to go to Maginhawa Street and eat at Gerry's Jeepney. This is one of the famous restaurant out there. Five jeepneys are waiting for you where you can eat or if you don't want to eat outside, they have an airconditioned room inside the restaurant. But who wouldn't want to eat inside a beautifully decorated jeepney?



I personally prefer the "Monumento" jeepney because of the manananggal team. It looks pretty scary and cool that reminds me of the horror house in the province but because we didn't have any reservations, we are seated to "Cubao" jeepney which has the team of Mga Bituin ng Pinilakang Tabing.

I missed to take pictures of their menu but everything there was affordable. I suggest to go to their bundle food which is good for a boodle fight. It ranges from 650 to 1600. They also have some add-ons and drinks which are all Filipino meals.



The place is adorned with these common jeepney signs which I find funny and witty.

Alabang

Jeepney Rice

Ayala

Alabang
Alabang (1600) consists of :
  • Rice
  • Liempo (2 pcs)
  • Chicken BBQ ( 2 pcs. quarter cut)
  • Inihaw na Pusit
  • Inihaw na Bangus/Hito/ Tilapia (choice of 2)
  • Ensaladang Talong w/ itlog na maalat at KBL
  • Pinakbet/Kangkong with Garlic
  • Iced Tea (1 Pitcher)/ 1.5 Litre Soft drink
  • Soup
Ayala (750 pesos)

  • Rice
  • Liempo (2 pcs)
  • Crispy Hipon
  • Inihaw na Bangus/ Hito/ Tilapia
  • Ensaladang Talong with itlog na maalat at KBL
  • Iced Tea (4 glasses)
  • Soup
When it comes to dining experience, I want nothing but the best for my family and I am a keen observer specially to the service that the restaurant serves. Their food is good and delicious but is not served hot. Serving time was not specified upon ordered so I just predict a 15-20 minutes which is the usual serving time for most restaurants but our food arrived 35 minutes after ordering. The server didn't say anything, he just placed our food on the table and left. The soup was also served late as we have already finished our meal before the soup came. We are even expecting that it will be hot but it is as cold as the tip of my nose! 

The place was great. I love the concept that it brings back our culture and really reminds me of Manila however, no matter how good the place was, it can't be mask with how awful their service are. The food was great but there is something about serving the meal hot rather than just warm. There is a huge difference between the two and their service, oh boy. I hope Gerry's Jeepney will take an action with this. I don't know if it just happened with us or on that night but it would be better if Gerry's Jeepney serves good food, great service and a wonderful ambiance. 


Our overall experience was still nice. We enjoyed taking pictures with the jeepneys and the entire place. Everything is affordable and the food are very tasty. I will still come back at Gerry's Jeepney and try their single meals and I will surely try their sisig. :)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment