OLAY REGENERIST NIGHT RESURFACING ELIXIR

I loved how Olay Total Effects Anti-Ageing Night Cream works for me that I am excited when my tita from Australia sent me this. I actually use both for two months and see if the night resurfacing elixir will boost the effects of the anti-ageing night cream. I planned to do a first impression post about this but after a week of try, I have decided to just combined my impression and final thoughts for it. So, does it works?


Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir works each night to help gently resurface skin while you sleep for tighter, smoother skin when you wake- without the risk of harsh side effects associated with a professional peel. When applied each night, the non-greasy, fast absorbing formula with glycolic acid works over a normal sleep cycle to give you uninterrupted exfoliation while antioxidants and moisturizers continuously provide soothing hydration to tighten's skin's surface.

This could pass as an AHA exfoliant suitable for all skin types but please do take note that if your skin is a little bit drier than normal, you still have to use a moisturizer afterwards. It contains generous amount of anti-oxidants, glycerin, fragrance-free and oil free. The only thing I can't see on the list of the ingredients is the percentage of glycolic acid that it contains. This is a light,serum-like texture with gold shimmers in it. But the shimmers won't obviously show on your face. Most people mistaken this as a serum but actually it is an essence with just the same consistency of serum.

Since it is meant to resurface the skin, a moisturizer with SPF or a sunblock is required by day to avoid any peeling or irritants on the skin. Resurfacing Elixir is sticky on the face whatever I do, it is just plain sticky. I tried to use a pump and spread it on my skin. It dries but it gives a sticky feeling which is uncomfortable for me. I tried to use half pump but gave me the same result. That is my first problem with this. The second one that I have encountered is that when I use this, I can't layer any skin care products on it. It feels like making a barrier onto my skin and so the other products that I pile on my face seems to just sits on top of it. I don't know why maybe because it is too sticky or because of its consistency but I lost the effect of my other skincare products if I am using it. So I have decided to use this alone after the basic cleansing and toning just to see how it will really works.

For two weeks of using this alone, I have seen some changes but is not quite impressed. I have learned that to avoid the sticky feeling, I should only use a very small amount almost like 1/4 of the actual pump all over the face. I don't massage it onto the face, I just spread it evenly focusing on my cheeks, forehead and chin leaving my t-zone area since it is a bit oily there. It gives my face a subtle glow and I love how it gives me a smooth finish. I haven't experienced any peeling or even micro-peeling at all. There is no sting or any bad reactions upon using this. Hydrating, and moisturizing but not in a wow factor. My pores still remains the same, there are still dry patches around my lip area and chin and I couldn't see any dramatic results prior to using it for two months now. After two weeks of using it alone, I have decided to use this along with my Olay Night Cream and I believe that the cream gives me better and much visible results.

I don't want to put this into waste so I still try to work with it up until it is almost gone and yet, it haven't impressed me at all. I liked the Maxi Peel Fresh and Natural Skin Purifier better although they are not in the same category, Maxi Peel gave me much visible results. I have throw it to my mom after trying it for some time now and both of us have the same thoughts about it. It is okay but nothing more aside from that. She also told me that it smells artificial, like a plastic rubber and I wonder why I haven't smell that before or even noticed the scent. I don't know how much it cost but since it is Olay, I think it ranges from 1500 to 2000 pesos. It could be a bit pricey for an essence/serum that doesn't give much at all. Now I am eager to try the Human Nature Elixir too which I have read some very good news. Both looks the same and I am hoping I could try that one out and compare it too Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir.


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment